As a Supervisory Medical Records Administrator, you will be assigned to the Health Information Management (HIM) section and are responsible to ensure that duties are carried out throughout the medical center including administrative and clinical areas involved with the service.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for the oversight and direct operation of all personnel working in the HIMS section which includes: Medical Records/Scanning, ROI, Coding, Transcription Services, Cancer Registry, Clinical Documentation Improvement, and facility Record Management.
- Establishes all aspect of the medical record and medical record management functions in accordance with the bylaws, policy, handbooks, The Joint Commission (TJC), the American College of Surgeons and other regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Interprets and implements health information/record management policies and procedures, regulations, public laws, TJC requirement and standards.
- Provides advice, assistance and guidance to clinical and administrative staff on TJC, VISN, VA and medical/legal requirements for medical records and interrelating fields as well as writing and finalizing policy/procedural memorandums.
- Acts as the liaison in all medical/legal actions concerning medical records/release of information issues.
- Interprets complex regulations into hospital and service policy and procedural directives as well as implements policies to ensure information is consistently and legally correct.
- Responsible for all aspects of medical record maintenance (coding, document filing, accuracy, purging and retirement, etc.)
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness of HIMS and Record Management.
- Establishes policies for record maintenance and modifies or adapts existing procedures to improve processes to meet requirements to comply with regulatory or accrediting body.
- Provides sound, logical advice and guidance to all phases of medical record documentation requirements.
- Facilitates the Medical Record Committee and Medical Forms Subcommittee agendas, presents subjects, and leads the discussion as well as regular HIMS staff meetings.
- Responsible for all HIMS personnel matters (hiring, performance appraisals, performance/conduct issues, training, and staffing changes, etc.)
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600576100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.