The NIEHS Office of Communications and Public Liaison advises the NIEHS Director and other senior Institute staff members on the effective interpretation and utilization of Institute conducted and supported research findings in a broad program of scientific and health reports for targeted audiences. This position serves as a technical expert and writes and edits products that articulate complex policies and research findings.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as a technical expert and write and edit products that articulate, interpret, and explain complex or potentially controversial policies, programs, and research findings.
- Use an expanded range of principles, practices, methods, and techniques to research, analyze, and present scientific and/or technical information that is novel, unique, abstract in nature, and/or has a multiplicity of themes.
- Authorize clearance of scientific and technical materials for publication. Develop and/or makes available policies, procedures, and instructions for clearing materials.
- Conduct extensive research on the subject matter including interviewing and/or observing subject matter experts, researching journals, on-line sources, and other substantive source material to write scientific and technical materials.
- Serve as a technical expert and use extensive subject matter knowledge to participate in critical planning sessions to determine resources and/or approach for writing, editing, presenting, and distributing technical and scientific material.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600529500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.