Join one of the 24 Institutes and Centers within the NIH that awards extramural grants! Extramural grants account for approximately 80 percent of NIH's budget and are awarded to investigators at more than 2,500 universities, medical schools, and other research organizations around the world. To learn more about the grants process, types of grant programs, and the peer review process, visit the website for the Office of Extramural Research.Learn more about this agency
- Manage workload and project priorities and ensure timelines are adhered to.
- Direct work so that it remains focused on the research goals.
- Coordinate with higher level management for needed resources.
- Perform scientific and administrative reviews and analysis of applications/proposals from a programmatic viewpoint.
- Consult with and advise grantees/contractors during preparation of applications/proposals and provide guidance on program issues.
- Develop, coordinate, and administer grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts established to fulfill the mission of the Brand and Division.
- Organize and conduct workshops, conferences, symposiums, or similar activities.
- Visit universities, research institutions, commercial organizations, other government agencies, and public and private organizations to promote and explain the objectives of the program.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600508000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.