This position is located in the Office of the General (OGC), Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC). OGC provides legal advice and counsel for the Director and the Corporation, including ERISA and/or bankruptcy related legal actions; decides administrative appeals of benefit coverage and other determinations, and administers the disclosure and other requirements of the Freedom of Information ACT (FOIA) and theLearn more about this agency
Privacy Act. The incumbent will serve as the Deputy Chief Privacy Officer.
- Serve as Agency Chief Privacy Officer (CPO) when the CPO is unavailable,
- Analyze the most complex privacy issues, identify applicable legal sources, and determine need for additional facts or investigation.
- Coordinate the annual security and privacy accreditation reviews for assigned FISMA systems, which include reviewing privacy and security controls and recommending new or revised security and privacy measures.
- Design, develop, and implement a modernized Breach Response Program and administer the day-to-day operation of Breach Tracking and response, in accordance with appropriate policies and procedures.
- Develop and conduct privacy training, including role-based training.
- Collaborate with business units to ensure successful integration of privacy considerations in the appropriate business operations and IT systems.
- Advise PBGC managers and employees, including senior management, regarding all aspects of U.S. privacy laws and regulations, such as the Privacy Act of 1974, the E-Government Act of 2002, OMB Circulars and Memoranda, and NIST guidance.
- Serve as principal representative on key committees and task forces.
- Participate in and contribute to the development of legal policy.
Occasional travel - Less than 10%
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600503300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.