- Who may apply: Current Permanent DFAS Agency Employees; PPP DoD Military Spouse Preference Eligible and current DFAS VRA employees
- Position located: IT DIR OFFICE, IT ENTERPRISE SERVICES, ANALYTICS SERVICES, ZTADD
- This job announcement may be used to fill similar positions on other teams in the IT Directorate. Applicants on Bratenahl list may be considered for positions in Cleveland
- Salary info: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2021/general-schedule/
- Acts as Subject Mater Expert on issues related to IBM Cognos installation, upgrade and troubleshooting.
- Leads work assignments related to project planning, monitoring, and/or coordinating systems analysis and programming functions related to database management.
- Provides support to planning, system administration and business intelligence reporting in a Cognos environment.
- Installs, configures, and maintains the IBM Cognos Analytics series of applications on either a UNIX or Windows server.
- Monitors system performance using system metrics and administers servers to optimize the speed and efficiency of IBM Cognos software.
- Uses an advanced knowledge of development and deployment of Cognos reports, queries and cubes to trouble shoot and correct failing Cognos reports, queries and cubes.
- Collaborates with web and database administrators on engineering efforts related to server security settings, files and folder settings for various web servers.
- Develops, maintains and executes security procedures to guard against unauthorized intrusion into IBM Cognos environment.
- Provides data management and technical support to other information technology specialists in support of a major automated information system.
- Collaborates with developers in the deployment of Cognos objects in a manner that is consistent with DFAS and IBM best practices.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600500100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.