WHAT IS THE PRIVACY, GOVERNMENT LIASION, & DISCLOSURE DIVISION? PGLD is responsible for safeguarding and protecting sensitive taxpayer and employee information while promoting government transparency and accountability through better access to government information.
Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations.
WHAT DOES AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (SECURITY)? As a Security Information Technology Specialist you will be responsible for implementing, evaluating and/or disseminating IRS Information Technology (IT) security components, tools, and procedures. This work involves difficult and complex problems in the development, implementation, and coordination of activities designed to ensure, protect, and restore IT systems, services, and capabilities. The problems are often unique to a single security risk or investigation, or are similar to issues that have been handled before within the organizational component. The effect of problem resolution is on the immediate situation or issue. Project assignments generally are individual, of moderate scope, and local in application.
As a Security Information Technology Specialist you will:
- Evaluate and recommend the acquisition of implementing IT security tools, procedures, and practices to protect information assets.
- Coordinate the delivery of an IT security awareness-training program for end users at all levels in the organization.
- Update the local organization's contingency or disaster recovery plans to respond to new security requirements or changes in the IRS IT architecture.
- Plan and conduct security accreditation reviews for installed systems or networks (Tier I, II or III), and recommend new or revised security measures.
- Evaluate new security authentication technologies such as secure cards and biometrics, recommending the purchase of authentication software; and administering implementation.
- Identify information systems security requirements associated with migrations to Tier II environments and providing guidance in planning and implementing the migration activities.
- Develop specifications to ensure compliance with security requirements at the systems or LAN level (Tier I, II or III).
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 6 to 10 Nights Per Month
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600461600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.