What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
The Government Wide direct hire authority for GS-0854 Computer Engineers (Cybersecurity) GS-1550 Computer Scientists (Cybersecurity) is being used to fill this position.
Salary: $92,143 (Step 01) to $119,787 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
As a Landsat Calibration and Validation Manager within the EARTH RESOURCES OBSERVATION SCIENCE CENTER, some of your specific duties will include:
- Planning, managing and providing technical oversight to EROS calibration and validation activities focused primarily, but not exclusively, on the Landsat series of satellite missions.
- Reviewing calibration plans, reviewing technical reports from the technical services support contractor calibration team as well as other calibration experts
- Performs project management activities for EROS calibration and validation activities including scope, schedule, cost, and risk.
- Independently, exercises personal experience, ability, and professional technical judgment to propose, design, and plan projects to ensure the validity of Landsat Surface (SR) and Surface Temperature (ST) products, as well as improving interoperability among various sensors
- Participating in instrument, spacecraft, and ground system reviews and technical interchange meetings and review product deliverables
25% or less - You may be expected to travel an average of 5 nights per month for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600458500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.