WHAT IS THE RESEARCH, APPLIED ANALYTICS & STATISTICS DIVISION? Research, Applied Analytics, and Statistics (RAAS) anticipates and meets customers’ needs by providing leading research, analytical, statistical, and technology services. RAAS provides an intellectually challenging and supportive environment for our employees.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A VISUAL INFORMATION SPECIALIST DO? As a Visual Information Specialist at the full performance level you will provide technical and artistic guidance to the Statistics of Income (SOI) professional staff. Your skills in communications, statistical presentations, graphics, design, and composition will be used to assist authors, speakers, and project managers. You will be involved in all aspects of the visual information field. You will design visual communications materials for use by IRS customers and the general public. You will be a consultant throughout the planning and production process of SOI and other IRS statistical reports, pamphlets, flyers, and visual aids such as exhibits or displays in support of presentations.
As a Visual Information Specialist you will:
- Provide advice and demonstrations to staff to solve problems; demonstrate how products can enhance communications to various stakeholders throughout multiple dissemination channels
- Meet with management and staff to present design concepts and techniques for use in various SOI publications
- Develop new concepts; incorporate style standards; evaluate new technology for incorporation; attend industry conferences to stay abreast of emerging trends and technology
- Consult with customers to understand desired products and deadlines; perform analyses to interpret needs of customers; apply understanding of user needs and related parameters to formulate, design, and plan materials which meet requirements
- Edit and lay out statistical tabulations, and convert tables to visually appealing tables and data visualizations suitable for publication
- Produce many types of visual communications products, particularly those with complex statistical information; lay out or recommend how to lay out articles and other SOI publications
- Develop, and conform to, guidelines in accordance with relevant rules; follow publishing guidelines for SOI publications as described by senior designers
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 - 5 Travel Nights Per Month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600435000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.