THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (T5), Position Description Number T5825000 and is part of the AL USPFO, National Guard.
ORGANIZATION: USPFO, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: COL S. TINDOLL
1. Assists in managing the Management Control Program (MCP). Gathers and organizes MCP material, establishes a suspense system, and provides accurate information to the Division Chiefs and Managers within the USPFO organization for preparation of their input into the Command MCP. Compiles the USPFO input for submission to the CAO. Assists the Internal Review Division with their role of validating the Army and ANG input prior to transmittal of the Annual Assurance Statements to the TAG/USPFO for signature and final submission to the National Guard Bureau by the established deadline.
2. Assists in the development of policy letters which may require researching applicable directives from higher authority, to ensure that no conflict will result from issuance of new policy. Coordinates draft policy with other staff directorates prior to submission for final review and approval.
3. Performs duties as USPFO Publications Officer. Coordinates with both Army and Air Force publications sources to accomplish ordering, locating electronic publications, updating the 12 series requirements, and maintaining a current and complete publications library for the USPFO organization. Serves as the Records Management Coordinator for the USPFO organization. Ensures all subordinate divisions maintain official files in accordance with the Modern Army Record-keeping System (MARKS).
4. Maintains the appointment schedule for the USPFO and the Supervisory Logistics Management Specialist. Schedules appointments and meetings, independently, based upon personal knowledge of their workload and current issues of importance. Advises the USPFO and SLMS of scheduled appointments and furnishes information from files or schedules briefings by others in preparation for scheduled meetings.
5. Reviews incoming correspondence, publications, regulations, and directives, which may affect the USPFO, or programs within the USPFO's purview relative to both the Army and Air National Guard. Establishes controls on accountable mail and determines distribution and routing of incoming correspondence while retaining items of special importance for the personal attention of the USPFO.
6. Provides for control of all classified documents for United States Property and Fiscal Officer. Insures that documents are properly logged and safeguarded.
Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600424600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.