See below for important information regarding this job.Learn more about this agency
- Operates straight-in-line trucks, tractors with semi-trailers or full trailers; tractor-trailer-refueling vehicles, and/or motor coaches, which typically have an approximate gross vehicle weight of more than 32,000 pounds.
- Connects and disconnects the air brakes and electrical lines.
- Maneuvers vehicles within close tolerance when driving and backing over uneven ground; in narrow or congested areas; between buildings and other vehicles; and when positioning vehicles at loading docks.
- Directs the arranging of cargo or assists in the operation for proper weight distribution and loading/unloading sequence.
- Performs operator maintenance tasks: checks gasoline, oil, water, air pressure, steering gear, horn, brakes, etc.
- Completes trip tickets and fills out reports in case of accident.
- May perform materials handling and packing duties to include receiving, storing, issuing, picking and packing a variety of materials.
- May operate material handling equipment (MHE) such as forklifts to load/unload and move materials.
- Incumbent will work outdoors or in an enclosed structure, e.g., when performing safety inspections, making minor emergency repairs; observing the loading/unloading of cargo, filling fluid levels, etc.
- Vehicles are operated in all types of weather conditions and in congested areas where there is frequent vehicle, materials handling, equipment, rail, pedestrian, and bicycle traffic day or night.
- There is exposure to dirt, grease, fumes, and noise.
- Work may be performed inside/outside a warehouse which may be cold, damp or hot. May be exposed to injury from mechanical equipment, falling objects, shifting loads or collisions.
75% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600422100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.