This position is part of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, Office of Inspector General. The incumbent will be responsible for serving as a senior Actuary providing authoritative advice and guidance to the Inspector General and other executive level staff on a diverse range of actuarial issues.Learn more about this agency
- Applies skill and expertise to conduct complex and intricate studies of plan solvency and to evaluate complex requests for Special Financial Assistance from multiemployer plans in order to assess their impact on PBGC.
- Develops techniques and methods to analyze financial problems associated with multiemployer plans and their projected solvency.
- Develops formulae and criteria suitable for the individual circumstances of plans and sponsors and closely evaluates underlying assumptions.
- Ensures that professional actuarial standards are maintained in the planning and field work as part of OIG audits and investigations to include the accumulation of technically sound evidentiary data.
- Provides actuarial guidance and interpretation on the operations and complexities of Multiemployer defined benefit pension plans to OIG auditors and criminal investigators.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600421400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.