You will serve as a IT SPECIALIST (SECURITY) in the Commander U.S. Fifth Fleet (C5F) of COMMANDER, US NAVAL FORCES CENTRAL COM. The current workweek is Sunday through Thursday. Employees hired from continental U.S. will receive Sunday Premium Pay (computed at 25% of basic hourly rate, eight hours per week). Relocation and recruitment incentives up to 25% may be authorized.Learn more about this agency
- You will analyze advanced persistent threat tactics and techniques to recommend security posture and mitigation strategies to senior leadership.
- You will analyze information systems to confirm information assurance (IA) security regulations are adhered to.
- You will manage the development and oversees implementation of the Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) training program.
- You will report all cybersecurity incidents to senior leadership to include flag officers, senior officers, senior civil servants from Combatant Commands, Navy headquarter staff, Service Component and subordinate commands.
- You will analyze information technology (IT) program effectiveness to determine if improvements or modifications are necessary.
- You will manage information technology (IT) resources for the command and control (C2) program to support fleet readiness.
- You will provide recommendations regarding required IA mitigations or Computer Network Defense (CND) measures to operate information and C2 networks within COMUSNAVCENT/COMUSFIFTHFLT area of responsibility.
- You will ensure all CSWF personnel properly prepare mandated documentation and accreditation, to include Risk Management Framework (RMF), Interim Authority to Test (IATT) and Authority To Operate (ATO) packages for IT Systems.
25% or less - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600367000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.