The Smithsonian Institution is a diverse museum and research complex dedicated to the increase and diffusion of knowledge. This position is in the Office of the Under Secretary for Administration where the incumbent serves as the central point of contact for Smithsonian and affiliated staff regarding any work-related problem or concern. The incumbent serves as a neutral, independent, informal and confidential resource.
This position is OUTSIDE the bargaining unit.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as the central point of contact for Smithsonian and affiliated staff regarding any work-related problems or concerns.
- Maintains a continuing record and analysis of issues and problems arising from meetings with employees, managers, and supervisors.
- Maintains ongoing review and analysis of the line of organizational communication, making specific recommendations to senior management on how best to continue effective and open lines of communication between employees, supervisors, managers, and senior executives at all levels.
- Assists SI staff in responding to inquiries and requests for information from internal and external sources on a wide range of organizational and/or employee related issues.
- Provides leadership to staff in improving the processes and procedures that enhance the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of the program. Recommends changes to policies and procedures as necessary.
14 - This position is at the full performance.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600308600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.