The incumbent serves as a Senior Agricultural Economist that leads the economic analysis aspects of regulatory projects for the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service's (AMS) National Organic Program's (NOP) Standards Division.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Applying economic theories to describe the economic impact of decisions related to the regulation of organic farms, businesses, and certifiers.
- Building cost-benefit models to support rule development and alternative analyses.
- Conducting regulatory impact analyses and regulatory flexibility analyses for the purposes of rulemaking.
- Conducting analyses based on organic market information, microeconomics, econometrics, and statistical inference.
- Developing program policies, procedures, and regulations, with a specialized focus on economic analysis.
Occasional travel - Estimated <10% travel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600284100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.