This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Development and Operations (DevOps), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), Enterprise Portfolio Management Division (EPMD). The EPMD is responsible for comprehensive portfolio management.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position.
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. We will not review applicant resumes until there is a request to fill a vacancy.
You are applying to a public notice to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies when you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur. You will not receive a notice regarding your application's status other than the initial acknowledgment until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, we will review applicants in increments of 100 in application date order. We will refer qualified applicants to the selecting official for consideration. The organization's hiring need will determine the referral of additional applicants. Applicants will be notified about their application's status if referred or if we fill all vacancies.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
OPM Cyber Code - 641 - Systems Requirements Planner.
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website:https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Virtual: This is a virtual position that will not require the employee to work from a VA owned or leased space.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (SYSANALYSIS)/ PD18508A, PD18744A, and PD18743A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily sedentary, but involves use of a personal computer so a degree of dexterity and visual acuity sufficient to utilize these tools is required. Some physical effort is required to lift and carry reference books, working papers, and similar items to and from meetings. A moderate amount of standing and walking is required in getting to and from meeting places away from the work site. The work does not require any special physical effort.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-13. At the GS-11/12 grade levels, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-xx. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
- Acts as a conduit between focus groups, end users, and the assigned project team to refine and implement specifications for system changes and enhancements.
- Develops new standards, methods, and techniques; plans and leads efforts to evaluate the impact of emerging IT technologies to support highly complex integrated program actions and develops solutions to complex technical issues.
- Exercises theories, principles, and techniques of planning, evaluation, policy analysis, regulations, directives, and management principles which affect the development of software product applications.
- Function independently to work under pressure, multi-task, meet deadlines, and adjust priorities.
- Exhibits leadership and initiative in communications and interactions, orally, and in writing, across multiple levels of management and staff including leadership and system users.
- Interact with the business customers in a meaningful way that results in agreed upon functional requirements that meet the business needs.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600206500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.