This position is located in Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, Pacific Area Preparedness Division Alameda, CA.Learn more about this agency
As a Marine Transportation System (MTS) Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert (SME), this position is responsible for the implementation and enforcement of all hazards and cybersecurity related executive orders, acts, regulations, laws, and Coast Guard policy supporting the safety and security of ports, maritime facilities, vessel, and waterways. Develops operational cybersecurity policies and assist in the implementation of policies, plans, procedures , and exercises for all cyber incidents that impact the marine environment, port security, or marine transportation.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Reviewing and analyzing new laws, regulations, and other directives impacting cybersecurity in the area of responsibility (AOR) within the MTS, and advising Area Commander and staff as the senior program expert
- Coordinating with applicable cybersecurity programs within the Coast Guard, interagency, and private industry with a presence in the Coast Guard Area’s AOR, marketing their programs and capabilities across all modal representatives to support cybersecurity awareness initiatives.
- Serving as technical expert in developing and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders in the government and private industry to further cybersecurity and port security goals. Creates, plans, and carries-out collaboration efforts to expand and strengthen existing arrangements and relationships with other government agencies.
- Providing background, contingencies and recommended courses of action during crises or urgent situations within the pertinent domain to assist in mitigating immediate and potential threats.
- Overseeing and communicating analytical approach to collect, organize, and interpret cybersecurity data and information to maintain 24/7 operational situational awareness of current and emerging threats within the MTS.
- Implementing cyber security policies and procedures.
Occasional travel - This position requires occasional travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600182200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.