The ideal candidate has over 10 years of experience as an Information System Security Manager or Security Engineer, experience conducting assessments and analysis, and in developing technical executive reports in support of an authorization or risk decision. This position starts at a salary of $122,530 (GS-14). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of the Chief Information Officer team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer, Office of the Chief Information Security Officer. You will serve as an Information System Security Manager (ISSM) or Information Technology (IT) Risk Manager. Typical assignments include:
- Developing, implementing, and assessing IT security solutions to advance cloud initiatives and system operations.
- Applying IT system security principles and methods in order to recommend appropriate technical strategies to resolve complex and persistent IT security challenges and risks. Identifying strategies to manage risk through mitigation of IT vulnerabilities considering the rapidly evolving cybersecurity threats to IT systems.
- Performing risk analysis and providing risk-based recommendations on proposed new and existing systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks. Conducting IT security risk and vulnerability assessments of new and existing systems and applications to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and data protection requirements.
- Providing advice and guidance in implementing IT security policies and procedures in the development and operation of systems and application, and overall IT security risk. Developing and maintaining an IT Security Risk Registry for the agency.
- Ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of IT systems through full compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), related NIST standards, applicable intelligence source methods, insider threat program, and agency IT security policies and standards.
Occasional travel - This position may require occasional non-emergency travel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600175400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.