The Agricultural Research Service (ARS) is the U.S. Department of Agriculture's chief scientific research agency and one of the world's premiere scientific organizations. ARS Postdoctoral Research Associates are hired to supplement a lead scientist's research on agricultural problems of high national priority affecting American agriculture.
**ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED OR APRIL 29, 2022**
U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents seeking U.S. Citizenship may apply.Learn more about this agency
- Develop biobased fuels and synthetic compounds that take advantage of the unique chemical structures of fatty acids present in new plant oils, used cooking oils, and waste greases.
- Perform analysis of fatty acid compositions of new plant oils, used cooking oils, and waste greases.
- Perform measurement of the relevant physical properties.
- Perform separation and pretreatment of oils from the feedstocks for conversion to novel products.
- Perform synthesis of biobased fuels and additives.
- Evaluate the fuel properties of the biobased fuel and additive products.
- Evaluate the quality and performance of synthesized products.
Occasional travel - Local and domestic travel may be required to attend training and scientific meetings and conferences.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600165600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.