This position is the Chief of Health Information Management (CHIM) in the Health Information Management (HIM) Section of Medical Administrative Service at the VA Illiana Health Care System located in Danville, IL. Medical Records Administrators (MRAs) in VHA perform or supervise work concerned with the management of a health record program or the provision of services related to medical record administration/health information services.Learn more about this agency
- Provide technical advice, planning, and evaluation regarding health information management issues that impact the overall program on a regular and recurring basis
- Establishes policies, procedures, responsibilities, and requirements for HIM related matters, such as health record documentation, coding and clinical documentation improvement, release of information, file room/scanning, records management, transcription and medical speech recognition, as well as the overall management of health information and Veterans health records
- Oversee implementation and adherence to HIM industry standards, policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and accrediting bodies
- Ensure that the facility is in compliance with applicable standards by completing HIM audits, developing healthcare data reports, and statistical information, for timely and accurate reporting
- Participates in establishing and implementing strategic facility and HIM Department goals, controlling program activity costs, budgeting, procurement, and property management to achieve goals and improve processes
- Effectively communicate and negotiate with staff at all levels of the organization
- Responsible for all facets of health records management for the facility ensuring maintenance of complete, accurate, timely, clinically-pertinent, and readily-accessible patient health records, which contain sufficient recorded information to serve as a basis to plan patient care, support diagnoses, warrant treatment, measure outcomes, support education and facilitate performance improvement processes and legal requirements.
- Must provide detailed technical expertise in health records science and other very technical aspects of HIM
- Must assure that all health information that is coded and abstracted meets the requirements of the VA and/or T JC and is consistent with professional health records standards
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Telework: Ad-hoc Telework may be available
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600131700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.