You will serve as a Civil Engineer (Structural) in the Capital Improvements Division of NAVFAC NORTHWEST.Learn more about this agency
- You will assess structural condition of facilities to determine needs for repairs and modifications.
- You will analyze and design extensive structural alterations.
- You will perform quality assurance review of drawings, specifications, calculations, cost estimates, and studies prepared by A/E design firms.
- You will create written documents such as specifications, test requirement documents, and drawings for civil engineering projects.
- You will complete design drawings and specifications with design and drafting software.
- You will review plans, designs, and construction phases to ensure civil engineering projects remain in scope.
- You will investigate construction to make recommendations for remediation or corrective measures.
- You will advise on solutions to problems encountered during projects.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600098000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.