These internship positions are located at the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Cotton Production and Processing Research Unit, located in Lubbock, Texas.Learn more about this agency
This is a temporary, excepted service position not-to-exceed 1 year or less and may be extended in increments not-to-exceed 1 or less for up to 8 years in total, when the student intern remains eligible for the program.
- Operates simple test instruments and controls during tests, makes simple adjustments, and records data
- Performs a variety of tests that are not completely standardized, using various standard references, guides, and precedents to obtain needed information, select, and adapt methods and procedures.
- Abstracts and compiles specified data from records or other sources such as specifications and drawings.
- Records, installs, and maintains instruments and equipment involving simple wiring, soldering, grinding, etc.
- Examines materials, instruments, equipment, or items to be tested for flaws or defects.
- Uses appropriate computer software to assemble and tabulate data.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 10% of the time for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600074800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.