Serves as the Lead Systems Engineer for the Electrified Powertrain Flight Demonstration (EPFD) project in NASA's Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate (ARMD). Major responsibilities include leading design solution definition and implementation including requirements development, interface definition and management, design trades, risk management, technical design reviews, verification and validation planning and execution, and insight and oversight efforts for contractor activities.Learn more about this agency
- Leads the overall technical management and technical solution of the project. Leads a team of system and sub-system engineers to develop mission concepts and to develop all levels of project requirements.
- Develops and modifies immediate and long-range goals, plans, and objectives to meet program and project requirements.
- Serves as expert consultant in planning, monitoring, and administering projects characterized by a changing physical environment, need to address critical issues, or other similar variables and unknowns in support of ground or flight demonstrations.
- Defines, develops, and evaluates flight system operational requirements and objectives, mission requirements, and design considerations.
- Leads the team in planning for and conducting analyses, tests, verification and validation, and certification of flight hardware and software based on systems requirements, mission objectives, and safety requirements.
- Evaluates in-house and contractor proposals for flight systems and components and provides technical management and direction of contracts involving the design, development, integration, test, evaluation, and improvement of flight systems.
- Provides highly advanced technical guidance and information to top level administrative and technical agency personnel.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600050300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.