This position is with the Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS), Fair Trade Practices Program (FTPP), Packers and Stockyards Division (PSD). You will serve as an Auditor for a Regional Office within an assigned region and is primarily responsible for carrying out the enforcement of jurisdictional and financial provisions of the Packers and Stockyards Act of 1921 (the Act). This is mainly done by conducting investigative work, direct surveillance, and related work pertaining to the PSD program.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Makes detailed and technical on-site investigations of persons and firms subject to the Act to determine whether their operations are being conducted in conformity with the Act and regulations.
- Examines financial information and business operating records.
- Prepares comprehensive audit reports of investigation findings.
- Documents investigative findings in an agency approved format and prepare detailed investigative reports documenting violations found when corrective administrative action is warranted.
- Provides advice and guidance on the financial audit methodology, monitors the technical accuracy, and reviews the analysis, concepts, and conclusions upon completion of the audit.
- Makes recommendations concerning immediate remedial measures required and recommendations concerning official actions.
- Develops procedures for handling financial complaints received from livestock shippers and other members of the livestock, poultry, and meat marketing industries.
- Makes public presentations to the livestock, meat and poultry industry on matters that are of concern to the public.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600014600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.