NCUA is seeking retired (CSRS/FERS) individuals to support work related to the implementation of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, CARES Act and Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enactment Act, which respond to certain impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. See the "Duties" section below for more specific information about the duties and responsibilities of this position.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesREEMPLOYED ANNUITANT INFORMATION:NCUA is seeking retired (CSRS/FERS) individuals to support work related to the implementation of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, CARES Act and Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enactment Act, which respond to certain impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and/or to modify NCUA's examination and supervision program to address the new economic and operational changes directly caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
If approved to be reemployed under a Dual Compensation Waiver Authority with a salary off-set waiver with the delegated authority granted to the NCUA, annuitants can earn their full salary and their full annuity without penalty. However, selected candidates must request approval of a dual compensation waiver and receive approval under the delegation granted to NCUA by the Office of Personnel Management.
For additional information on the reemployed annuitant benefits for dual compensation waivers and salary offset rehires please visit the following link: https://rise.articulate.com/share/nDU107Sh5gj8wnd0RIVGrsdphlgjbOW3#/
Serves as a Principal Examiner, under the supervision of a Supervisory Examiner who is available to provide advice and consultation, you will be responsible for:
-Manage, supervise and conduct examinations which are difficult, complex, or sensitive for an assigned district of federal and federally-insured state credit unions;
-Frequently act as examiner in charge of a team of examiners for large credit unions and/or credit unions requiring special attention;
-Obtain and protect confidential credit union data;
-Analyze credit union data prior to examination to identify areas of examination concentration and the persistency of previous problems; and,
-Prepare reports and give oral presentations of examination findings, conclusions and recommendations to credit union leadership.
Specific COVID-19 pandemic related activities may include:
- Review and analyze national, local, and sector economic impact caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Review of loan portfolio and economic impact on sectors of the economy caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Conduct offsite exam and supervision program framework and procedures related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Analyze loan workout and loss remediation strategies, challenges, and related guidance and support for credit unions as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Assess critical infrastructure issues for cybersecurity as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the examination program.
- Coordinate with state regulators on insurance, safety, and soundness related matters associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Plan for resumption of onsite exams and necessary programmatic adjustments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Plan for elevated conservatorships and problem resolution activity caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Complete High Risk Pipeline procedures for cataloging and reporting on credit unions with high risk of failure (financial/operation) and/or severe liquidity problems resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Determine NCUSIF reserve needs, modeling impact on NCUSIF equity ratio, and planning for fund restoration plan needed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Determine NCUSIF Investment Portfolio liquidity management necessary because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
75% or less - Travel is required to visit assigned credit unions in the geographic area. In addition, travel is required to participate in regional team examinations, training events, and conferences.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599993000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.