THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: Combined Surface Maintenance Shop (CSMS), Windsor Locks, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Indefinite Appointment/Temporary promotion not to exceed two (2) years. The purpose of the indefinite appointment/temporary promotion is to backfill a deployed Soldier. The indefinite appointment/temporary promotion will be terminated within 30 days of return of the incumbent to the position.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to inspect the repair of a variety of armament equipment to ensure that physical and operating characteristics are within acceptable standards and specifications.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Inspects a variety of armament materiel such as towed and self-propelled artillery, tank turrets and weapons, small arms, chemical weapons and similar materiel as well as optical and fire control equipment.
- Inspects equipment received for maintenance to determine repairs needed and parts required or to determine if Modification Work Orders (MWO) have been applied.
- Inspects equipment to determine repairs needed.
- Inspects the full range of equipment as described above at remote worksites in support of field organizations, field units during field exercise training periods, or before major pieces of equipment are sent for repair to a supporting maintenance facility.
- Uses a wide variety of test and diagnostic equipment such as borescopes, pullover gauges, nitrogen pressure gauge, and other tools and tests used in inspection of armament to determine extent of repairs required and assure that repairs or modifications meet quality assurance standards.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is done in shop areas that are drafty and noisy. Frequently stands on hard surfaces for long periods. Dirt, dust, and grease are usually present. There is exposure to the possibility of cuts, bruises, and sprains as well as to falls on slippery and inclined surfaces.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Work involves bending, stooping, crouching, and kneeling. Works in confined spaces and in awkward positions. Lifts and carries parts and assemblies weighing from 15 to 25 pounds. Some may weigh as much as 40 pounds. Weight handling equipment or the assistance of other workers is available for heavy lifts.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599991300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.