This position is located in the Northern Region, Region 1, Custer Gallatin National Forest, Bozeman Ranger District, Bozeman MT.Learn more about this agency
The position is responsible for developing and carrying out operating plans for trail maintenance, rehabilitation, reconstruction, and construction projects.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Wendi Urie, District Recreation Program Manager,at 406-404-5126 or email@example.com.
- Develop and carry out operating plans for trail maintenance, rehabilitation, reconstruction, and construction projects based on approved direction.
- Implement trail, and/or wilderness and bridge construction and reconstruction projects.
- Develop and monitor the logistics required for the completion of wilderness projects and non-wilderness projects associated with trail maintenance and reconstruction.
- Perform independently or as a leader of a small project crew in trail maintenance and construction.
- Perform trail log, condition, and prescription surveys.
- Train crews in wilderness and trail construction and revegetation techniques.
- Promote an inclusive work environment that is free from all types of discrimination.
50% or less - Frequent overnight travel in the field during the summer, including backcountry backpacking and camping.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599960300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.