This position is in the Promotion and Economics Division (PED), specifically within its Research and Promotion (R&P) section, which carries out the development and oversight of R&P programs created to maintain and expand markets for agricultural commodities. This position will serve as an Agricultural Marketing Specialist coordinating all compliance matters, drafting rulemakings for proposed changes to each R&P program, and conducting management reviews, as well as other duties assigned.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews, analyzes, and prepares evaluation of projects for advertisements and promotions.
- Ensure that all projects funded under the applicable orders fully comply with statutory objectives.
- Prepares notice and comment rulemaking for proposed commodity promotion programs.
- Reviews written petitions for modifications of orders or for exemptions to such.
- Participates in meetings with industry groups, attorneys, and higher level officials for discussion of proposed changes to and interpretations of programs.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599954300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.