Serves as the Avionics Sustaining Engineering Project Manager. Responsible for project management activities and technical integration activities over the entire life cycle, including development, design and development, test, verification, certification, launch, on-orbit operations and sustaining engineering of ISS/XX Avionics equipment.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for the following sub systems: Space to Space Communications System (SSCS), Wireless Video System (WVS), External High Definition Camera (EHDC), Enhanced EMU Data Recorder (EDaR), and HD EVA Camera Assembly (HECA).
- Leads a team of Subsystem Managers (SSM)?s in their technical roles and responsibilities.
- Responsible to manage budget and schedule and for monthly Technical, Cost, Schedule Reporting (TCSR) to management and customers.
- Responsible for troubleshooting of hardware and interacting/informing the customer of hardware status, forward work and customer/programmatic out-briefs.
- Responsible for generation of Certification of Flight and Extra Vehicular Activity (EVA) readiness.
- Responsible for EVA support in the Mission Evaluation Room (MER).
- Responsible for management of the Avionics Common Electronics (ACE) Laboratory.? Electronic manufacturing support is provided for all sustaining engineering projects and new project work from within EV and the EA directorate.
- Responsible for monitoring, providing technical direction, and evaluation of contractors engaged in this work.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599944200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.