This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, US Coast Guard, Industrial Department, Mechanical Group in Baltimore, MD.Learn more about this agency
You will be responsible for assisting higher level employees by performing simple and routine tasks involved in the installing, repairing, maintaining, adjusting and testing marine vessel equipment.
Being a civilian working for the Coast Guard makes you a valuable team member. Typical duties include:
* Using power tools and hand tools to drill and mounth such miscellaneous equipment as electronic gear, small pumps and controllers.
* Assisting in the operation of portable power tools by holding and setting up tools.
* Obtaining tools, supplies and materials and deliverting them to work site as directed.
* Cleaning work areas, tools, and machines.
* Operating fork lift to transport and deliver materials.
Occasional travel - Occasional
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599926800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.