This position is located in the Smithsonian Institution, Office of Deputy Secretary and Chief Operating Officer, Under Secretary for Museum and Culture, Archives of American Art. The incumbent reports to the Head of Collections Processing at the Archives of American Art (AAA) in Washington, D.C.Learn more about this agency
- Manages and coordinate the in-house digitization and reformatting of audiovisual materials on an as-needed basis for preservation and to fulfill requests for sound and video recordings for use by researchers, exhibits, and the Archives’ website and other products, and as part of a larger collections’ digitization program.
- Oversees outsourced preservation projects including: managing contracts with vendors for the preservation of audiovisual materials; budgeting; developing statements of work based on current best practices for preservation; packing and shipping of collection materials; quality assurance of preservation files and metadata; and tracking work, files, and original archival objects.
- Manages and document audiovisual collections management policies, procedures, best practices, archival standards, and workflows.
- Process archival collections, or portions of collections, that contain large quantities of audioand/or moving image materials.
- Participates in Smithsonian pan-institutional efforts related to archival audiovisual collection management, preservation, and access, including emerging efforts to develop a collaborative, pan-institutional workflow for scaling up audiovisual preservation in the form of mass digitization, and shared storage initiatives.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599865100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.