GPO employees possess a diverse representation of talent in many administrative fields and trades. We provide other agencies with innovative services for the printing, publishing, storage, and distribution of digital content. If you are an energetic, inventive individual looking for a challenging, yet rewarding career opportunity, GPO may be the place for you.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the Plant Operations, Government Publishing Office in Washington, District of Columbia.
- Plans, schedules, develops, and directs activities and projects related to the maintenance, renovation and modernization of GPO buildings, Laurel Warehouse and equipment.
- Evaluates personnel and equipment requirements for the division and makes recommendations to Facility Division Chief.
- Performs the full range of personnel management functions such as employee performance evaluation and recommends corrective actions to the Facility Division Chief as required.
- Identifies training needs, provides for formal and informal on the job training; conducts interviews for non-supervisory positions.
- Makes recommendations on appointments to the Facility Division Chief.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert for the Computerized Maintenance System (CMMS).
- Tracks all work orders and manages workload by leveraging system capabilities. Coordinates closely with the Engineering Division to ensure that work is completed to the engineering design standard.
- Ensures employees follow GPO safety rules and regulations.
- Prepares purchase requests and justifies purchase of new equipment and equipment.
- This includes work specifically performed by trade employees in one or more of the following branches: Carpenter, Electric, Pipe and Sheet Metal, Paint, Machine, Power Branch, and Elevator.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599847400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.