This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Office of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority's (BARDA) Division of Contract Management and Acquisitions (CMA), located in Washington, District of Columbia.Learn more about this agency
We are seeking Contract Specialists to provide acquisition support within high-performing, innovative contracting teams.
- Responsible for pre- and post-award contract functions including negotiation, cost/price analysis, and administration of contracts for research and development services and supplies.
- Serves as Contract Specialist point of contact and lead business authority for both financial assistance and contract issues.
- Procures and administers cost reimbursement contracts to include, Cost Sharing and Cost-Plus-Fixed-Fee contract types, major complex multi-million dollar research and development contracts.
- Provides interpretation of contract provisions for contractor program officials and performs close out activities on completed contract issues and notice of termination for convenience or default.
- Develops strategic plans with program officials to effectively and efficiently provide financial assistance management and contract management support.
- Prepares, coordinates and maintains current acquisition plans, appropriate milestone charts and related schedules. Prepares necessary documentation and correspondence.
- Performs cost/price analysis, including review of cost breakdowns to determine reasonableness and conformance to applicable regulations, directives or policies.
- Awards contracts within designated limits or recommends award to the contracting officer.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599824300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.