The ideal candidate for this position will serve as a Disability Program Manager within OER, managing and directing the development of FEMA internal Disability Program. This position starts at a salary of $122,530 (GS-14). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Equal Rights team within FEMA
Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as the Disability Program Manager within the Office of Equal Rights managing and directing the development and administration of the FEMA internal Disability Program.
Typical assignments include:
- Serving as a senior member of the Office of Equal Rights (OER) management team and the senior advisor to the OER Director on disability employment matters.
- Supervising Disability Unit staff and performing a full range of typical supervisory duties and responsibilities, including performance evaluation, recommending awards, imposing discipline, granting leave, etc.
- Overseeing FEMA’s reasonable accommodation process and serves as subject matter expert on reasonable accommodations in the federal workspace.
- Serving as the subject matter expert on disability employment matters and provides technical advice and policy guidance to all level of employees, managers, and senior leadership.
- Developing and providing training, mentorship, and Special Emphasis Program events on disability employment matters in the federal workplace.
- Participating in and, on occasion may lead efforts to identify and eliminate barriers to equal employment opportunity for persons with disabilities.
- Preparing data-based reports and conducts presentations with demonstrated persuasive negotiation strategies.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599816500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.