The Principal Director (PD) to the DCIO Information Enterprise (IE) serves as the principal advisor to the DCIO (IE) providing expertise in IT. The incumbent provides technical support and professional advice on IT trends, innovation and solutions. The PD manages a diverse staff providing broad guidance on policy, programmatic and technical issues. In the absence of the DCIO (IE), the Principal Director performs the duties of the DCIO (IE).Learn more about this agency
- Serves as principal advisor and assistant to the DCIO (IE) on matters that cut across both organizational and functional lines requiring executive direction and analysis of conflicting and divergent viewpoints to produce options for a DCIO (IE) and/or a DoD CIO decision.
- Manages the development of strategic guidance and policy for matters concerning the enterprise infrastructure, information resources management, and IT architecture and standards. Leads a diverse team of military, civilian, and contractor personnel working across DoD Components to continuously modernize the DoD digital enterprise.
- Manages day-to-day DCIO (IE) staff activities including internal budgets and contracts and provides oversight of personnel and staffing, serving as the lead integrator across the DCIO (IE) directorates.
- Participates in formal reviews in conjunction with other offices in the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Joint Staff, Military Departments and, Defense Agencies and Activities to ensure DoD's ability to meet national security mission requirements.
- In partnership with the DCIO (IE), develops, maintains, facilitates the implementation and compliance of a comprehensive and integrated DoD IT investment strategy that aligns with Secretary of Defense priorities and DoD Strategies.
- Leads as DoD chair or participates as DoD expert on SES level review panels or committees such as the Digital Modernization Executive Committee, the DoD Software Senior Steering Group, the MILDEP CIO Council, DAFA CIO Council, and Intelligence Community Committees.
- Maintains continuing interfaces with Congressional Committee staffs to provide briefings, respond to congressional inquiries both formal and informal, as required, and in coordination with the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Legislative Affairs.
- Serves on boards, committees, and other groups pertaining to DoD CIO functional areas, and represents the DCIO (IE) and/or DoD CIO on matters for all internal DoD, interagency and international forums.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599793000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.