THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a MATERIALS EXAMINER AND IDENTIFIER (T32), Position Description Number D1902000 and is part of the AL USPFO SS Division Material Mgmt Br, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
ORGANIZATION: USPFO, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: MR. S. TODD
(1) Performs the full range of examining and identifying duties for the most complex categories of materiel and equipment, including electronic, mechanical, perishable, radioactive, and assemblies and components.
(2) Receives or rejects materiel, equipment, including non-standard equipment, and complex assemblies for the facility based on their knowledge of products, equipment, and procedures as well as having the ability to determine subtle and inconspicuous defects. May be required to perform pre-receipt examination of property on site at the generation point.
(3) Determines acceptance, serviceability and distribution requirements for perishable, classified, precious metals, textiles, clothing, complex electronic/mechanical equipment, assemblies and components. Uses catalog data/drawings, item specifications, or computerized data to verify/determine/classify items for turn-in, storage or distribution. Performs extensive research on equipment specifications using automated systems, technical manuals and supply bulletins to determine any special requirements for complex items passing through the storage and distribution area.
(4) Packs, cushions, apply preservatives and protect property as appropriate; ensures packaging meets regulatory requirements.
(5) May serve as a member of the USPFO Emergency Response Team. Ensures the required actions are taken to contain and clean up spills within assigned work area. Ensures lower graded workers are trained to act in his/her absence. Decontaminates and replenishes spill equipment and supplies within assigned work area. Ensures spill incident reports are prepared IAW applicable regulations.
(6) Assures adherence to storage compatibility and determines the need for special handling/storage of certain property (e.g. friable asbestos, PCB's, batteries, pesticides, etc.). Performs research of complex shipping and storage records, and commercial vendor contracts. Obtains Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) using the automated system for material identification and advises lower graded workers on specialized handling and packaging procedures. Initiates corrective action to resolve manifest discrepancies.
(5) Performs other related duties as required.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599747600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.