This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Development and Operations (DevOps), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), Enterprise Portfolio Management Division (EPMD). The incumbent serves as an IT Specialist, VISTA Software Engineer implementing and sustaining the VA's VISTA software applications.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position.
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. We will not review applicant resumes until there is a request to fill a vacancy.
You are applying to a public notice to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies when you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur. You will not receive a notice regarding your application's status other than the initial acknowledgment until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, we will review applicants in increments of 100 in application date order. We will refer qualified applicants to the selecting official for consideration. The organization's hiring need will determine the referral of additional applicants. Applicants will be notified about their application's status if referred or if we fill all vacancies.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
- 621Software Developer - Software Development
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Application Software)/ PD18287A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work is essentially sedentary but involves occasional moving and lifting. Travel to facilities and national, VISN and local meetings is required.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan the development of a new application or modification of an existing application.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Design, develop, and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Perform risk analysis (e.g., threat, vulnerability, and probability of occurrence) whenever an application or system undergoes a major change.
- Address security implications in the software acceptance phase including completion criteria, risk acceptance and documentation, common criteria, and methods of independent testing.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599727500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.