THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: Department of Logistics (DOL), Hartford, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Indefinite Appointment not to exceed two (2) years. The purpose of the indefinite appointment is to backfill a deployed Soldier. The indefinite appointment will be terminated within 30 days of return of the incumbent to the position.
This is an indefinite position that may convert to permanent without further competition.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to manage Department of Defense (DOD) convoys moving within the state; and to plan, organize and direct preparation, maintenance and execution of peacetime and wartime ARNG movement plans for all units within the state.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as primary state representative and point of contact for all DOD highway movements.
- Coordinates directly with the USPFO Traffic Manager to obtain necessary commercial transportation support.
- Exercises functional authority to manage and coordinate the movement of DOD convoys during peacetime, mobilization and deployment.
- Coordinates, obtains and issues, with DOT approval, permits for oversized, overweight and hazardous vehicles and cargo; and then coordinate's movements.
- Analyzes military transportation capabilities and provides compiled data to appropriate agencies.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599682200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.