In this position, you would provide technical support and direction to federal, state, and county employees or other entities conducting scale testing functions on devices designated as scales; provide oversight of official agencies responsible for official weighing, scale testing, and test weight re-verification; monitor inventory and review activities of the weighing equipment utilized at designated weighing locations including supervising scale testing and weighing certification.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity. The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Cooperates with and acts as a resource for the Field Office staff, identifying, recommending, and establishing Field Office goals and objectives for the weighing program.
- Conducts analysis, surveys, and reviews weighing and grain scale operations.
- Function as major export and inland terminals to establish scale adequacy and accuracy by considering location, load capacity, dimension, design, construction, and installation features.
- Completes computations and documentation and maintains essential records and data that support approval and continued use of scales.
- May provide information concerning potential solutions or options for compulsory repairs, adjustments, maintenance, or replacement of FGIS scales and/or associated equipment.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599679000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.