This position is with USDA, Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS), Fair Trade Practices Program (FTPP), Packers and Stockyards Division (PSD). You will serve as a senior Agricultural Marketing Specialist within the assigned region providing expert-level advice and guidance while enforcing jurisdictional, competition, financial, and trade practice provisions of the Packers and Stockyards Act (the Act).Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a leader in the development of investigation strategies and the implementation of compliance programs.
- Analyzes the BPU investigation and compliance review process and provides proposals to streamline processes and maximize efficiencies.
- Implements process improvements including, but not limited to, the adoption of new compliance techniques and technology.
- Provides expert-level technical guidance to lower grade investigators.
- Conducts preliminary and/or final review of compliance reports and formal investigative files of other staff members.
- Assist the supervisor in assessing individual and Unit training needs and provides investigative and regulatory training to employees.
- Independently or as a team leader performs on-site trade practice, payment, and custodial account investigations and audits of registrants, packers, and live poultry dealers subject to the Act.
- Conducts investigations of firms suspected of being or known to be in violation of the Act.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599672000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.