THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION
DUTY LOCATION: United States Property and Fiscal Office (USPFO), Hartford, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area I: All On Board Federal Employees (T5), Tenure 0,1,2,3 within the CTNG with U.S. citizenship.
- Area II: All On Board Federal Dual-Status Military Technicians (T32), Tenure 0,1,2,3 within the CTNG with U.S. citizenship.
Indefinite Appointment not to exceed two (2) years. The purpose of the indefinite appointment is to backfill a deployed Soldier. The indefinite appointment will be terminated within 30 days of return of the incumbent to the position.
This is an indefinite position that may convert to permanent without further competition.
This National Guard position is for a ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN (Title 5), Position Description Number T5151000 and is part of the CT USPFO, National Guard.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to provide analysis, validation, processing, and correction of financial transactions and issues/ discrepancies involving the full range of accounting services. Incumbent uses a complete understanding of inter-related work systems across multiple functional areas and their interoperability to ensure the validity and accuracy of all obligations, disbursements, collections/deposits, and adjustments related to financial records.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs broad in-depth analysis on multiple management systems and applies this information to complicated precedent type cases to resolve especially difficult and sensitive, out of balance conditions associated with processing actions within accounting systems.
- Reconstruct inaccurate accounts, gathers and organizes information for inquiries and resolves problems referred by managers, employees, congressional inquiries, etc.
- Uses fiscal accounting and related interfaced systems to provide input/adjustments to the fiscal accounting database of record and the interoperable feeder systems of logistics, contracting, pay, travel, accounts payable, disbursement and interfund automated systems.
- Uses computer master file systems, document processing and the effects of transactions on existing records to modify normal automated processes in existing accounts while protecting historical data.
- Analyzes and evaluates data to conduct a variety of fiscal reconciliations, reviews, and account adjustments.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599658800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.