You will serve as a Export Control Technical Officer (Gen Engineer) at NAVAL RESEARCH LABORATORY.Learn more about this agency
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
- You will assist the Export Control Program Manager in executing the NRL Export Control Program and be responsible for assessing and ensuring compliance by all NRL program activities with U.S. Export Control laws and regulations.
- You will be obtaining, managing, and maintaining necessary export authorizations on behalf of the Commanding Officer to support full compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- You will be assisting in the development, presentation, implementation, and maintenance of export compliance policies, procedures, and training curriculum.
- You will be providing guidance to NRL researchers and programs on U.S. Government export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- You will be researching and providing necessary information for classification inquiries and making final ITAR/EAR determinations.
- You will be assisting NRL Contracting Officers, and Grant Officers in procurement-related matters involving export control.
- You will be supporting NRL programs with international content to share information and to work issues related to licenses or granting or use of Department of the Navy authorized ITAR exemptions.
- You will be assisting with export control review for NRL patent applications.
- You will be supporting the NRL review process for approving foreign person visitors and hires.
- You will be assisting the NRL Chief Information Officer in effecting NRL policy on NRL Web site information.
- You will be assisting the Export Control Program Manager on General Accountability Office and Inspector General Export control audit reviews and assurance of NRL follow-up and closeout on recommendations.
- You will be maintaining a reference library of relevant policies, regulations, and agreements governing the programs and projects for which exports and transfers are required.
- You will be ensuring the completion and recordkeeping of documents pursuant to NRL programs involving exports or transfers subject to the EAR or ITAR.
- You will analyze complex scientific matters.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599632400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.