What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
Salary: $65,180 (Step 01) to $122,884 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
This is an interdisciplinary position and may be filled as a Geophysicist, Geologist, or Oceanographer.
As the Core Lab Manager within the Pacific Coastal and Marine Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Cleans and maintains routine hardware/software and updates to ensure labs are fully functional and fully operational.
- Tracks usage of facilities and instruments; ensures proper and safe use of lab and lab equipment; and troubleshoots technical problems to ensure calibration.
- Runs samples for external users or untrained internal users.
- Assist with budgeting for the Core Lab facilities including supply purchases, instrument repair costs, internal and/or external usage fees.
- Ensures lab meets all health and safety requirements and maintains radiation permit by ensuring that the lab, the Multi-Sensor Core Logger (MSCL), the X-Ray Fluorescence Scanner (XRF), and the Rotating X-Ray Computed Tomography Scanner (RXCT) pass all required radiation surveys and inspections by all regulatory agencies; manage radioactive waste collection, storage and disposal; and ensures that all monitoring equipment is properly calibrated and that leak tests are performed at prescribed intervals.
- Operates a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental driver.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel an average of 1 night per month for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599598900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.