This position is located at the National Museum of African American History & Culture (NMAAHC). The NMAAHC is a national museum for the study and exhibition of African American history and culture. It acquires, maintains and preserves objects which document social, cultural, political, military, technological and scientific developments in the U.S. related to the African American experience.Learn more about this agency
This position reports to the Assistant Director for Communications, Office of External Affairs and provides the following duties and responsibilities:
- provides leading marketing and advertising campaigns to enhance brand awareness;
- designs content-rich editorial calendars resulting in high audience engagement and publicity;
- develops multi-channel communications plans;
- manages competing assignments and projects;
- conducts research and prepares reports to enhance internal and external communications and collaboration; and
- supervises staff.
Occasional travel - Some travel is required to manage media coverage of Museum events and public programs held in major cities across the United States.
13 - Position is at full performance level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599596400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.