About the Position: This is a supervisory permanent position with Headquarters, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Directorate of Civil Works.Learn more about this agency
The actual duty station will be negotiated upon selection. Salary will vary depending on duty station location.
- Serves as a senior review manager for the Office of Water Project Review, Planning and Policy Division, Directorate of Civil Works.
- Incumbent will be responsible for supervising and directing activities of providing policy compliance determination for feasibility reports and other decision documents.
- Works involving deep-draft harbor and inland navigation, flood control, fish and wildlife, hydroelectric power, municipal and industrial water supply, recreation, beach erosion, hurricane and storm damage projects, and other resources needs.
- Provides objective and independent evaluations of Federal policies and programs involving various problem-solving techniques.
- Directs coordination with high level staffs in Headquarters, Assistant Secretary of Army for Civil Works, Office of Management and Budget and division and district offices.
- Reviews highly complex and controversial reports and projects which recommend construction of new water resources and modification to existing projects and knowledge of policy, planning laws, executive branch directives and National water resources.
- Manages the review process, assigning work to team members, coordinating with United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) officials, non-Federal study and project sponsors, local and State officials, and representatives of other Federal agencies.
- Prepares initial assessments reports identifying review concerns, project review papers, fact sheets, develop slides and post action summaries for use by senior level representatives.
- Incumbent will be responsible for briefings and other oral presentations for reporting recommendations of Corps actions and policy decisions.
- Works with Assistant Secretary and Major Subordinate Commands (MSCs) to develop Project Cooperation Agreements (PCAs) for new construction projects and other cost sharing agreements with non-Federal interests.
- Develops guidance and negotiates controversial issues to ensure overall consistency and conformance with policy.
- Manages, conducts, and participates in special studies and assignments in support of USACE?s mission
- Serves as trainer for conducting training for water planners, participate in the Planning Associates Program, PCA Financing PROSPECT courses and represent Planning and Policy at various conferences and technical meetings.
- Serves as the first line supervisor to a team of highly qualified experts from various disciplines with responsibility of performance management, recruitment, work scheduling management and employee development.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel is required 10% of the time to participate in conferences, meetings, hearings or presentations involving Water Resources problems or issues.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599582300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.