This position is located in the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA), Office of Policy and Planning, MyVA Veterans Experience Office (VEO), Enterprise Measurement and Design Team (EMD). The VEO serves as a catalyst for transforming the VA's culture, processes, and capabilities to put the needs, expectations, and interests of Veterans and beneficiaries first.Learn more about this agency
This announcement is non-bargaining.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: Yes as determined by agency policy (100% remote).
Virtual: Not Available
Position Description Title/PD#: Survey Statistician (Data Science)/PD18922A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary. Some walking, standing, bending, and carrying of light item (e.g. paper books, computer print-outs) may be necessary.
- Designs agency-wide probability surveys and analyzes existing survey instruments, databases, VA reports, and social media resources.
- Applies complex statistical modeling and other qualitative and quantitative data to surveys; forecasts, and evaluates complex survey data, and formulates new metrics such "trust in VA" and new theories about possible operational improvements that would solve for customer pain points.
- Responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of customer experienced-focused digital statistical databases in VHA, VBA, NCA, and/or other VA Staff Offices.
- Utilizes various analytic tools and techniques to generate actionable insights which drive VA system-wide improvements in customer experience.
- Executes and controls projects which represent an important segment of VA's operating programs and/or projects.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 5% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599517600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.