THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: Army Aviation Support Facility (AASF), Windsor Locks, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Indefinite Appointment/Temporary promotion not to exceed two (2) years. The purpose of the indefinite appointment/temporary promotion is to backfill a deployed Soldier. The indefinite appointment/temporary promotion will be terminated within 30 days of return of the incumbent to the position.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to perform duties involving the ground refueling of one or sore types of military aircraft, fixed or rotary winged. Operates fixed and mobile fuel distribution systems to receive, store, transfer and disperse JP-4 and/or AVGAS used in high performance aircraft.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Receives, stores, and issues aviation gasoline and jet fuel for the facility.
- Transfers fuel from storage areas to tanker trucks with a fuel capacity of 2500 to 5000 gallons which are utilized to refuel aircraft.
- Refuels and defuels assigned and transient aircraft, both rotary and fixed wing.
- Receives fuel and assists in off loading into underground storage facilities.
- Operates necessary transfer and pumping equipment including valves, pumps, safety lines and hoses; monitors gauges and ensures that safety practices and regulations are strictly observed and enforced.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works inside and outside, to include inclement weather, on icy, wet, and slippery ramps and work-stands in temperature and humidity extremes. Work areas may be drafty, noisy and have toxic fumes present. Irritants such as aircraft fluids, dirt, grease, dust, paint and solvent may be present. Exposure to cuts, burns, shock, strains, and broken bones exists.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599515900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.