THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR, Position Description Number D0843000and is part of the AR ARNG USPFO, National Guard.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQURED
(1) Operates primarily straight-in-line trucks which typically have an approximate gross vehicle weight (GVW) of more than 32,000 pounds and/or truck tractors with semitrailers or full trailers to transport personnel or pick up and deliver supplies, materials or equipment. Incumbent couples and uncouples the truck tractor and semitrailer or truck and trailer, and connects and disconnects the air brakes and electrical lines. Incumbent maneuvers vehicles within close tolerances when driving and backing over uneven ground, in narrow or congested areas, between buildings and other vehicles, between parked aircraft and when positioning vehicles at loading docks. Driver operates vehicles on interstate highways, winding roads, and steep grades and manipulates the dual braking system to prevent the semitrailer or trailer from jackknifing. Assures cargo is properly loaded, distributed and secured. Performs operator maintenance on vehicles.
(2) Ensures shipping and accounting documents are with the shipment and reflect actual condition, quantities and type of material. Completes log books, maintenance records, reports and other transportation documents for accurate accounting. May identify, inspect, and segregate equipment or material as it is received for obvious damage and needed repairs.
(3) May perform warehouse work to include issuing receiving and inventorying equipment, supplies and materials; loading and unloading of trucks; storing and pulling warehouse stock; packing and unpacking material; and repairing or replacing items on equipment. May select storehouse locations within the general warehousing plan. Operates electric, gasoline or diesel-powered forklift trucks.
(4) May perform a variety of extensive servicing and light maintenance work on assigned vehicles. May assist in dispatching vehicles or in the issuance of forms, credit cards or military driver's licences.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599513200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.