The incumbent provides expertise and guidance in the development and appropriate use of statistical data including data obtained through surveys, vital statistics, and administrative data systems-and evaluates the quality and limitations of those data as well as performs complex tasks involved in formulating and conducting research projects.Learn more about this agency
As a Statistician (Health), you will:
- Provide expertise and guidance in the development and appropriate use of statistical data
- Plan and develop research on critical issues associated with health data collection and health data systems development
- Develop proposals for research and analytical studies
- Develop new methodologies, or modifies current methods
- Conduct research and analytical studies following project plans
- Collaborate with other professionals within and outside the Center in the conduct of research and analytical studies
- Prepare reports and manuscripts describing the research or study approach and the resulting conclusions
- Make presentations to academia, healthcare and professional organizations
- Provide guidance and expertise in the analysis and presentation of survey and study data
- Guide the preparation of reports and data files for publication
- Prepare scientific articles and technical reports for publication in national and international public health journals
- Provide expert advice and assistance for public health projects and studies
- Provide advice on the use of statistical software to analyze survey data and for other data analyses.
- Other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 10% domestic for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599477700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.