The ideal candidate for this position will be will be fully conversant in Cloud capabilities, service provider offerings, migration strategies, viability assessments and will maintain relevant Cloud certifications. This position starts at a salary of $122,530 (GS-14). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of the Chief Information Officer team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
This position is in the Office of the Chief Information Officer, Office of the Chief Technology Officer, Engineering Division. In this position, you will serve as a subject-matter expert on cloud enablement. Typical assignments include:
- Facilitating the development of appropriate Information Technology (IT) solutions for the migration of systems and applications to the Cloud.
- Managing customer relationships, project implementation, capital planning and investment control process, and integration of systems, applications, and services.
- Providing leadership and direction to a team of government specialists and contractors supporting the Cloud Environment and coordinating full life-cycle support requirements, cost, and schedule for IT customers.
- Developing and implementing project management procedures, tools, templates, activities, and infrastructure to align internal business practices with regulations and policies.
- Evaluating missions, goals and objectives, plans, and processes to develop an enterprise Cloud architecture plan.
- Determining problem resolution and making recommendations to resolve IT issues and effectively address IT requirements.
25% or less - Occasional non-emergency travel of 25% or less may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599461800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.