The Informatics Registered Nurse II executes position responsibilities that demonstrate leadership, experience, and creative approaches to the management of complex patient care through the provision of data, information and subject matter knowledge in administrative,Learn more about this agency
financial & clinical measures and outcomes.
1. Participates in performance improvement efforts related to or requiring Nursing Informatics.
2. Assists staff in the use of clinical and administrative data management, knowledge/judgment to promote involvement in planning, decision-making, and evaluating outcomes.
3. Helps to develop systems to continuously monitor and measure quality, safety and outcomes of care delivery for nursing service.
4. Participates in the development and evaluation of relevant data rich sources for inclusion in guidelines, policies and procedures.
5. Proficiently engages staff in the transformation of data into knowledge for integration into practice.
6. Contributes to the organization and delivery of educational activities.
7. Reviews, analyzes and incorporates data in a systematic and ongoing process refining a variety of issues/problems.
8. Assists with the incorporation of current regulations, standards and/or into practice and policies.
9. Presents accurate data analytics with recommendations and reports to various committees, councils and others as required.
10. Demonstrates proficient knowledge and abilities of data collection principles, methodologies and processes including the use of a variety of tools.
11. Participates in the generation, evaluation and management of critical statistical data and information in various databases.
12. Co-leads interdisciplinary groups promoting decisions that positively impact the program, services, and/or medical center.
13. Functions as a change agent, actively participating in assisting peers through the change process.
14. Provides consultation and direct interventions to track, trend and analyze data for strategic planning and initiatives.
15. Actively participates in service level, hospital wide, ad-hoc and VISN committees as well as professional specialty organizations.
16. Participates in recruitment, retention and mentoring of colleagues and leadership staff.
17. Assists in developing competencies for nursing leadership related to unit-based resource management.
18. Collaborates in the evaluation and recommendation of equipment/products that enhance data management.
19. Works in tandem with informatics colleagues to develop and/or enhance tools for data tracking, trending and reporting.
20. Prioritizes data analytic activities based on the immediate/anticipated needs of the situation/organization.
21. Synthesizes available data, information and knowledge to identify patterns and variances.
22. Participates in performing clinical and financial reviews that support performance evaluations, forecasting and other analytics for productivity, staffing, financial reports, Nursing Sensitive Indicators and other quality metrics.
23. Analyzes resource availability, identifies risk areas including budget, staffing, equipment and data/information access and validity
24. Participates in the development of outcome measures that place value on the nursing discipline.
25. Other duties as assigned.
- BSN and MSN with a focus on Informatics or Master's in other health related field
- 3-5 years of current employment as an RN in informatics, quality management/performance improvement as well as current clinical experience.
- Specialty certification in Nursing Informatics or Quality Management.
- Experience with Patient Safety initiatives including Root Cause Analysis, National Patient Safety Goals, Proactive Risk Assessment and regulatory agency requirements such as the Joint Commission within the last 5 years.
- Current experience using LEAN/Six Sigma Method.
- Demonstrated current experience with advanced statistical methods to extract, store, and analyze health care data to support clinical decisions; proficient in Excel, SQL, other Microsoft and data analytic prorgrams.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work well with all levels of staff; excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and direct own work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully facilitate interdisciplinary teams with proven results.
- Experience with various databases both VHA and community, such as SAIL, Press-Ganey, VISTa, etc.
Work Schedule: 0800 - 1630
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599457500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.